Monday, January 28, 2013

Chalkboard Technique all the rage

Everywhere I look, Pinterest, the Stampin' boards, etc, Chalkboard Art is all the rage.  And it's so fun and easy to do!

Here's a card I've made for my Stamp Club today -


This is based on a card I saw online by Nina Dee.  I changed the stamp sets but basically left everything else the same!

To create the chalkboard effect I first stamped in Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder and heat set.  Then I dabbed my embossing buddy around and for added effect I used a sponge dauber and dabbed (or daubed) some white craft ink around the stamped images and the sides of the black card stock.  I used a paper towel to clean up where I didn't want it too dark and basically just played with the effect until I liked it!

Then I took our white gel pen and drew a border around the edges free hand.  I don't think I should do that next time because boy does it look crooked!  Next time I will use a ruler as a guide.  I really can't draw by hand to save my life.  OR to win at Pictonary.  Seriously.  It's chicken scratch.

But I digress.

That is yet another reminder of why I just LOVE stamping and Stampin' Up.  They make me look WAY more artistic than I really am.  SU and Nina Dee.  Thank you both :)

This card used the following:

*Delightful Dozen Stamp Set (what a great basic set...a must for a beginner stamper!)
*Dinoroar (I have TONS of young nephews)
*Hearts a Flutter stamp set and matching framelit dies.  ONE OF MY FAVORITES from the spring catty.

AND I added a little bling with the small heart punch and red glitter paper.  Yes I did.

K- go stamp something people!

Trish

1 comment:

  1. I love this card- that little dinosaur fits so well there doesn't he? I hadn't decided how to make Emma's class Valentines yet. I just might have to use this technique *sigh* so awesome!

    ReplyDelete