Monday, August 6, 2012

Musical Thanks

Hello Stampers!

Well it's been quite a busy summer here at Team Dish!  We are gearing up for our Christmas in August event--- 27 people have signed up and we'll probably cap registration at 30 so if you are considering signing up please hurry!  Anyway it's going to be an awesome event and we are busily cutting and designing our awesome holiday projects for the event.

At the same time I'm in Ohio visiting my husband's family- it's so nice to see all of the cousins together!

Here is a card that I designed last week for Stamp Club.   Our topic was the Stampin' Around Wheels and my next three posts will show projects that we created using different stampin' wheels....



This card uses the Stampin' Around wheel Music Notes(120327) ....We folded our crumb cake card stock in half and then wheeled across the bottom inside front of the card in early espresso.   We then ran the card stock through the Big Shot with the Adorning Accents Edgelits (VERY carefully, with the edges of the edgelit secured with post it notes..). After the edge of the paper is cut then I run it through again with the matching embossing folder to get the scored line.

 Then we wheeled across some cherry cobbler and early espresso paper and punched out flowers with the blossom punch (120653)..  After punching out the flowers I curled the edges of each flower with my bone folder and assembled them with dimensionals.  I attached one of the new Naturals Designer Buttons (127554) which add a nice punch and threaded some cherry cobbler bakers twine through the button holes and secured the button with a dimensional as well.  This gives some height to the flower.






The sentiment A Note of Thanks, is unfortunately discontinued...but any sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes (page 133) would fit nicely in the modern label punch.  This is popped up with dimensionals on top of a strip of early espresso and cherry cobbler that I attached together and punched the ends with with the 1" square punch.

A great note card for anyone in your life with a musical bent!  My violin playing daughter requested this wheel a while ago and many of her strings teachers have seen a variation of this note card!

Have a great day!

Trish

Ps- My stamp clubbers complained at first about the wheels--- there are several "tricks" that can help with your wheeled stampin'.  If you want to learn more give me a call and I'll help you too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment