Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumn Leaves

The leaves are starting to change color and fall.....and most days it's still 75 degrees.  This is my favorite time of year in Greenville.

Here is a simple card (from my Easy Peasy class tonight) that reminds me of fall:


Not a lot of stamping but I love the different textures of the leaves!  These were made by first cutting them out with the Bigz Die Autumn Accents (from the holiday catalog-- love it!!).  I just layered three pieces of paper over the die and ran them all through at the same time-- this is what I love about the Bigz dies....they can cut several pieces of card stock at once which saves time.  Then I ran the leaves through the Big Shot again with different embossing folders-- the new fancy fan is one of my favorites, along with the polka dot.  Other cards used the woodgrain as well.  The button is from the annual catalog- Naturals Designer Buttons on page 176 and threaded with linen thread.  The sentiment is stamped with Itty Bitty Banners and punched out again with the Big Shot and the Bitty Banners framelits.  Paper base is soft suede but sentiment is stamped in early espresso as it showed up better!

Have a wonderful fall day- time to rake some leaves!

Trish



No comments:

Post a Comment