Thursday, July 26, 2012

Here's a Reason to Smile: Beach Bound!

Hi Stampers,

Well today I leave for four restful days at the beach-- with no kids!  My wonderful parents actually VOLUNTEERED....seriously, they did....to watch the kids so I could tag along with my husband to his work conference in Myrtle Beach this weekend!  I've never been to Myrtle Beach....even though we've lived in South Carolina for four years now I just hadn't made it down there yet!

Of course I'm bringing a few stamping items to play with- we are busily getting ready for the CHRISTMAS in AUGUST event on August 18th as well as finishing touches on my Stamp Club this month on the 31st.  But in between I plan to do as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.  It will be glorious.

Here's a card we made in my Easy Peasy card class last night....



The colors of this card are really pretty together.  It uses Midnight Muse as a base, with Baja Breeze layered on top and stamped with the flower from Reason to Smile in  Baja Breeze as well, then a layer of Primrose Petals (embossed with the Lattice Square folder, and Whisper White for the main stamped image.  I sponged Baja Breeze around the edges of the Whisper White and popped it all up a bit with dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in Midnight Muse and punched out with the Bitty Banners Framelits.  And don't forget a strip of the new stitched ribbon in Midnight Muse!

It was a simple but beautiful card that went together easily for a nice effect.  Hope you like it!

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment