Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sharing in your sorrow

When I was in Florida over the 4th I got into my mother's stamp stash!  Here is one card we made!

I found the idea for this card on Pinterest- nope I don't do all original designs either :)  I needed several sympathy cards unfortunately and this one fit the bill for me.

TO make the shaded block, you punch out a second of card stock with the 1 1/4 " punch about three times (actually I think it was 3.5).  Then lay it over your good card stock and sponge the area.  I used Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight and just faded from one color to the other.

The sentiment and image are stamped in Memento tuxedo black.  I like it because it doesn't seem to bleed at all whether I use it for Blendabilities or anything else!

Then I layered the stamped image over another piece of whisper white card stock.  I feel it's simple and powerful.  I hope the recipients feel the same way.

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment