Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall Foliage Hostess Gift

Am I the only one who is sometimes scrambling for a last minute little thank you gift for friends and hostesses?   Well today I want to show you a little gift set that I came up with that will eliminate that problem forever!

Note cards!  We can all use them, and a simple card set is great to have on hand just in case.... In my opinion the note card sets on page 160 are about the best value in the catalog- just $5.95 for 20 precut 5x3.5" notecards AND envelopes.  Wow!  I always keep these on hand for a quick gift!

Today I created a four card set with a vellum holder that I learned about at Stampin' Up's regional meeting in September...


Using the French Foliage (120845 W, 121166 C) stamp set and glass block stamping, I created these very simple notecards using just River Rock and Cajun Craze inks.  Very simple but a pretty notecard to send to someone to say you are thinking of them!

To make the vellum envelope, you just cut a piece of vellum to 7 1/4" x 7 1/4" square, then using the Simply Scored Diagonal Board, you score the square on two opposite ends at 3 7/8" and then the other two opposing sides at 2 7/8", cut out the tiny triangles this creates and fold.  I glued the ends together with snail and they hold really well.  Then I put the cards and matching envelopes inside and secured the envelope with linen thread.  Easy peasy (once you know how to do it anyway).

I figure this gift cost me just a few dollars to make, but it's a lovely effect.  I think I'm going to make a stack of them today to have on hand just in case......



Trish

PS:  Today I am at the First Baptist Church of Greenville from 9-1 for a Holiday Bazaar!  Want to get some holiday shopping behind you?  Come and visit.  Over 31 vendors !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment